Get your hands on history at Cobb+Co Museum. It’s not just what you can see but what you can do!
In every exhibition and program at Cobb+Co Museum there are elements you can see, hear and touch.
- From blacksmithing and silversmithing to leadlighting and millinery, there are many opportunities for you to create items you will be proud to show off and even give as gifts.
- Follow the clues, meet intriguing characters and play the interactive games in the new National Carriage Collection Gallery.
- Children can play in The Coach Stop and the Cobb’s Coffee Shop Play Pit.
- See and touch Queensland Museum objects and specimens in the new Heritage Bank Inquiry Centre.
- Participate in the free daily Have A Go sessions and learn leather plaiting or pyrography.
- Get the behind the scenes story and join our free daily guided tour.
- Buy unique hand made gifts in the Museum Shop.
Cobb+Co Museum is part of the Queensland Museum and is home to the National Carriage Collection, Australia's finest collection of horse-drawn vehicles. As well as Cobb & Co Coaches, the collection of nearly 50 vehicles ranges from farm wagons to the elegant Landau. Follow the clues, meet intriguing characters and experience the hands-on areas in this interactive gallery.
Located in the Garden City of Toowoomba, just west of Brisbane, Cobb+Co Museum also features extensive displays on the natural and cultural history of Toowoomba and the Darling Downs which provides visitors with specific insight into local Indigenous cultures, megafauna and the development of the region from settlement to today.
From heritage workshops to school holiday programs, there is something for all the family.
Cobb+Co's popular workshops program includes one and two day weekend workshops in trades and skills such as blacksmithing, silversmithing, leadlighting, leatherwork, stonemasonry and copperfoiling. These workshops are conducted in the custom built factory area.
27 Lindsay Street, Toowoomba, Queensland
9:30am to 4pm daily | Daily guided tours at 10.30am and 2.30pm | Have A Go! session at 11.30am
Holiday opening hours
Child (3-15 years)
Child (under 3 years)
Family (1 adult and up to 3 children)
Family (2 adults and up to 4 children)
The Workshops Rail Museum member
Carers (upon presentation of carers id)
More visitor information
Learn how to make your own jewellery by mixing and pouring resins into moulds and settings
Resin jewellery workshop for teenagers
It’s cool, it’s fun, it’s awesome, it’s science!
Experience Australia's finest collection of horse-drawn vehicles.
Hands on play area just for children.
Find the energy in and around you
See what else is on